db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Massimiliano Valotto" <vl...@libero.it>
Subject Postgresql and Sequences
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:12:38 GMT
Hi All,

    it's me again :)

I'm using Torque 3.0 with Postgresql 7.3.1. In my 'dbname'-schema.xml I've set idBroker="native"
and for each primary key set autoIncrement="true" so I don't want to use IdBroker, but during
run time I get this error

531 [Thread-1] DEBUG oid.IDBroker  - IDBroker thread was started.
org.apache.torque.TorqueException: IdGenerator for table 'azienda' is null
 at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:690)
 at org.apache.torque.BaseAziendaPeer.doInsert(BaseAziendaPeer.java:276)
 at org.apache.torque.BaseAziendaPeer.doInsert(BaseAziendaPeer.java:702)
 at org.apache.torque.BaseAzienda.save(BaseAzienda.java:1923)
 at org.apache.torque.BaseAzienda.save(BaseAzienda.java:1885)
 at org.apache.torque.BaseAzienda.save(BaseAzienda.java:1865)
 at synctirocini.SyncTirocini.<init>(SyncTirocini.java:31)
 at synctirocini.SyncTirocini.main(SyncTirocini.java:51)

so it seems torque using IdBroker to generate primary key rather using the native system provide
by Postgresql.

Thanks

Max