db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Alvin Antony" <Alvin.Ant...@internet.lmu.de>
Subject Antw: torque and struts
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 21:16:28 GMT
Hi,
I don't know How you are calling this method, but as the best practise
is to use a servlet which registered
in the web.xml.
As far as I can remember you have to extend  your servlet class from
ActionServlet class.

you can also pass the path to torque properties  as an initParameter.
HTH,
Alvin
Alvin K. Antony
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Internet und Virtuelle Hochschule
Softwareentwicklung
Oettingenstraße 67
80538 München
Germany
Phone: +49 (0)89 2102-5979
Fax: +49 (0)89 2102-5980
Mobile: +49 (0)175 9401175
E-Mail: aantony@lmu.de

Web: http://www.lmu.de/internet/

>>> wimsy@rogers.com 29.05.03 22.59 Uhr >>>
What needs to be done to use torque with struts 1.1.

private InitTorque() {
    try {
      Torque.init("Torque.properties");
    }
    catch(Exception e) {
      System.err.println("Error in Torque initialization " + e);
    }
  }

I am using JBuilder in working with a struts web application using
torque.
When trying to initialize torque calling this method, I get an error
that it is not able to open the torque.properties file.  Also, when I
try to trace through the bug, I notice it throwing an exception,
indicating that it can not locate WebappClassLoader.java from project
source/class path.  I  assume I need to add some configuration settings
to the struts-config.xml?
thanks for any help,
Darrell