db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Keeney, Thomas" <Keen...@SEC.GOV>
Subject RE: Optimistic Locking
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 14:55:25 GMT
That's an interesting proposal.  Do you have experience with OJB?  How does
it compare with Torque?  I'd like to migrate my apps from Torque to OJB, but
I'm under the impression that this is only necessary for highly
transactional systems under heavy load.

Regards,

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: eCommerce Software Solutions Inc. [mailto:vinaysoni1@rogers.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 12:10 AM
To: Turbine Torque Users List
Subject: Re: Optimistic Locking

Such features involve more writing the same kind of code all the time. Why
do that when it can be automated?

A simple strategy could be: Torque run time makes an assumption that a
uniquely named column serves as version id, can the torque run-time not
check the version before performing the update. "Update" operation could
take another parameter (Update.THROWOPTIMISTICEXCEPTION ) indicating that
the optimistic policy is in use.

However, with features like this Torque will become as feature rich as JDO.
I don't know if this is desirable and needed.