db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Russell Simpkins" <RussellSimpk...@funnygarbage.com>
Subject RE: Oracle BLOB
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 13:56:23 GMT
Pavel,

	What issue are you refering to.  Oracle has supported CLOB/BLOB for quite some time using
it's JDBC drivers, though the code was Oracle specific. For 2 years now I have had no problem
inserting megabytes of BLOB/CLOB data to oracle tables.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavel Kusch [mailto:pavel@icecentric.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 6:08 PM
To: Turbine Torque Users List
Subject: Oracle BLOB

Hello,

I found this in mailing list about Oracle:

      Direct support for LOBs in the Thin driver.
      The Thin driver now provides direct support for BFILEs, BLOBs, and
      CLOBs. Prior to this release it supported them via calls to PL/SQL
      routines.

http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_readme9201.ht
ml

Has anybody tested if BLOB issue disapeared with the new driver?

Thank you.

Pavel Kusch