db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Wang, Kevin" <KW...@TMRS.org>
Subject RE: Testing with jUnit
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 13:44:44 GMT
There is a similar FAQ on Cactus
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/faq.html#faq8. To get logging to work
properly in Cactus, I need to exclude org.apache.commons.logging.* from
JUnit's custom class loader. You might need to exclude whatever class that
is causing your test to fail under swingui.

# excluded.properties
# The list of excluded package paths for the TestCaseClassLoader
#
excluded.0=sun.*
excluded.1=com.sun.*
excluded.2=org.omg.*
excluded.3=javax.*
excluded.4=sunw.*
excluded.5=org.apache.commons.logging.*
excluded.6=java.*

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Malte Stien [mailto:malte@stien.de]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 2:24 AM
To: Turbine Torque Users List
Subject: Testing with jUnit

Hi,

I wrote some jUnit test for my Torque project and they always fail if I test

them with the junit.swingui.TestRunner but they run fine if I use the
junit.textui.TestRunner. The tests also run fine if I disable the "Reload
classes every run"-checkbox in the swingui.

I searched around a little and found that it has probably something to do
with
the TestCaseClassLoader of jUnit. An article about that can be found in the
jUnit FAQ http://junit.sourceforge.net/doc/faq/faq.htm#running_8

It says something about a list of classes that are not supposed to be loaded

by the class loader of jUnit. This list can be found in the junit.jar in the

file junit/runner/excluded.properties. The problem is though, that from my
perspective the list looks fine. It is supposed to contain classes that
jUnit
does not have to reload every time. As far as I can see none of the Torque
classes match any of those patterns, do they?

#
# The list of excluded package paths for the TestCaseClassLoader
#
excluded.0=sun.*
excluded.1=com.sun.*
excluded.2=org.omg.*
excluded.3=javax.*
excluded.4=sunw.*
excluded.5=java.*
excluded.6=org.w3c.dom.*
excluded.7=org.xml.sax.*
excluded.8=net.jini.*

Did anybody use jUnit with Torque and knows how to configure that file if
that
is really the problem?

Thanks for help.
Malte.