db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Darrell B <wi...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Antw: torque and struts
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 21:57:17 GMT
Are there any tutorials or explanations available on the apache jakarta
site or any other places?
I am using a singleton pattern to initialize torque from within an
action object which is called by a jsp.  I don't think the problem is
the way I
am calling it though, but I could be wrong.

/**
 * Initialize database.
 * Set the database pooling properties so data objects and torque peer
classes
 * can communicate with MySQL database.
 */
public final class InitTorque {

  private static InitTorque instance = new InitTorque();

  private InitTorque() {
    try {
      Torque.init("d:\\jbproject\\metokotecan\\Torque.properties");
    }
    catch(Exception e) {
      System.err.println("Error in Torque initialization " + e);
    }
  }

  public static InitTorque getInstance() {

    return instance;
  }