db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Erik Price <epr...@ptc.com>
Subject notes on JDBC to XML target using PostgreSQL w/Cygwin
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 19:40:09 GMT
Hi,

I wanted to submit these notes on executing the JDBC to XML ant target
to the list archive hopefully to help anyone else who might someday
search for this information.  My apologies if it was already available,
I pieced it together only through my own googling.

Torque 3.0
PostgreSQL 7.3.2 distributed via Cygwin

1. When using [this version of] PostgreSQL, remember to start the
postmaster with the "-i" option to allow incoming TCP/IP connections
(from the JDBC driver, I suppose).  If you use the pg_ctl startup
script, this is one way to do it:

   pg_ctl -l logfile.log -o "-i" start

2. There is an attribute named "dbSchema" in the torque-jdbc-transform
custom Ant task.  The documentation does mention that this attribute is
currently only for Oracle databases, but it is supplied by default in
the build-torque.xml file.  At first I was only able to generate an
empty <database/> element using the JDBC to XML target, but when I
removed this attribute altogether (after noticing that it was inheriting
the literal value "${databaseSchema}" from default.properties) the
schema.xml file was generated.

Regards,

Erik