db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Malte Stien <ma...@stien.de>
Subject Re: How to initialize and shutdown Torque without a properties-file
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 03:25:53 GMT
Hi,

sorry, I just had time to test that because I had to meet a deadline last week
and what had to be shown there worked fine with the Torque.properties file.

I tried that and it actually did not work. I tried some variations but I can
not make it work. It there a reference for the Torque.properties-file
somewhere? I only can find the one for the build.properties-file.

Especially, I have the following questions:
- What does the torque.database.default-property acutally do? What happens if
I do not specify it?
- Why do the key-strings in the Torque.properties-file carry a dsfactory in
them and the key-strings in the example below (see quote) not.
- I presume in the example above "rego" is the database name. Is that right?
So I put in "prj" in my case. Where does "database" come from. It is not in
the Torque.properties-file.

If I adapt what you suggested, it looks like:
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.database.default", "prj");
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.database.prj.driver","org.postgresql.Driver");
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.database.prj.url", connectionString);
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.database.prj.username", "postgres");
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.database.prj.password", "");
Torque.init(torqueConfig);
The connectionString looks like this: jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/prj

Or should it look like:
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.database.default", "prj");
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.database.prj.adapter", "postgresql");
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.dsfactory.prj.connection.driver","org.postgresql.Driver");
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.dsfactory.prj.factory","org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory");
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.dsfactory.prj.connection.url",connectionString);
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.dsfactory.prj.connection.user","postgres");
torqueConfig.addProperty("torque.dsfactory.prj.connection.password", "");
Torque.init(torqueConfig);

However, neither of the two options and many others that I tried, work
although it works with my Torque.properties-file.

Thanks for any help on that.
Malte.