db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jenny Brown <je...@bigbrother.net>
Subject Re: problem configuring data source
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 18:44:30 GMT
I'm still having trouble, this time with id generation...

org.apache.torque.TorqueException: IdGenerator for table 'roll' is null
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:690)
phototorque.BaseRollPeer.doInsert(BaseRollPeer.java:225)

This is after I got the data source connections configured and coming
up properly (turns out I needed both default and myproject keys).  I
am defining the follow from my project schema file:

<database name="photopreview" defaultIdMethod="native">
  <column name="shoot_id" required="true" primaryKey="true"
   type="INTEGER" description="Shoot id" />
</database>

So I'm not sure why it's unable to create IDs for me.  I'm using
this with postgres, and 'native' seemed to work fine until this point.

Jenny Brown