db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Steve Lukshides <luksh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: javaName instead of column name
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 20:56:19 GMT

I very strongly agree with Michael on this one.  I am using JavaName as
well for similar reasons.  The Java team has a somewhat different naming
convention than the database team, each of which has good reasons for doing
what they are doing.  A "slap on the head" would more appropriately be
directed at Torque's designers.  :p

Isn't one of the points of an O/R mapping tool to free developers from
having to know details of the database design?  It seems Torque has not
completely decoupled the object view from the relational view.  Bummer.

Regards,
Steve

|         |           peter            |
|         |           riegersperger    |
|         |           <rick@subnet.at> |
|         |           04/03/2003 05:36 |
|         |           "Turbine Torque  |
|         |           Users List"      |