db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Chris K Chew" <ch...@fenetics.com>
Subject RE: Cascading delete?
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 19:17:35 GMT
> From: EPugh@upstate.com
> I remember seeing some osrt of config setting for that when generating the
> OM objects, but I can't for the life of me find it!

> > From: Gabriel Bauman
> >
> > Is there a configuration option that generates code to do cascading
> > deletions on foreign key records?

I haven't tried it myself, but the shema DTD offers the following options in
the foreign-key tag:

<!ELEMENT foreign-key (reference+)>
<!ATTLIST foreign-key
  foreignTable CDATA #REQUIRED
  onUpdate (cascade|setnull|restrict|none) "none"
  onDelete (cascade|setnull|restrict|none) "none"

So I guess something like the following might work:

    <foreign-key foreignTable="TABLE2" onDelete="cascade">
        <reference local="TABLE1_ID" foreign="TABLE1_ID"/>

Good luck,

View raw message