db-torque-user mailing list archives

From David Hakim <dha...@webcodex.com>
Subject Re: No default values in my Object Model
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:59:31 GMT

On Wednesday, April 16, 2003, at 03:05  PM, Jon King wrote:

> This happens because the generated schema can specify defaults for
> integer
> columns that are empty strings (i.e., default = "").  I'd like to be
> able to tell
> the jdbc target to supress the generation of defaults but don't know
> how to do
> this.  I end up stripping a lot of the default specification out of
> the xml with
> a sed script.  If you eliminate the empty string defaults for integer
> columns,
> the object model will build correctly.

Interesting ... Under what circumstances does the jdbc target generate
'default=""' for columns in the XML schema ?

Is this a driver / database dependent behavior ? When running the jdbc
target against existing MSSQL databases I don't get any 'default'
attributes in the generated XML schema. When running the jdbc target
against MySQL databases I get defaults for every column!

With MySQL, does 'default=""' only happen when columns are specified to
allow NULLs (and no other specific default is specified) ?

To set the default for a column to actually be NULL do I just remove
the 'default' attribute ?

-Dave