db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Weber, Nadja" <Nadja.We...@t-systems.com>
Subject Foreign key relationships
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:11:27 GMT
Hi all,

i have a question regarding usage of foreign key relationships in torque.
I have a table of elements. Each of those elements has one foreign key reference to another
element (parent element) of the same table, thereby establishing a parent-child-hierarchy.
Now, while it's easy to retrieve the parent, what would i do to retrieve all children of an
element? At the moment i think of writing a select with the criteria set to the parents id,
but is there any other, built-in, functionality in torque that would let me get those relationships?

Kind Regards

Nadja Weber

T-Systems
Systems Integration
Business Unit Entwicklungszentrum Darmstadt
T-Systems Nova GmbH