db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Russell Simpkins" <RussellSimpk...@funnygarbage.com>
Subject RE: Torque.init() can't find project.properties from servlet
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:32:12 GMT
i put the path in my web.xml file and then, in jsp, do a application.getInitParameter("torque-properties-path").
 You are best off to specify the whole path/filename since otherwise you are making a wild
guess as to where user.dir is at that point in time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriel Bauman [mailto:gabe@bravenet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 5:20 PM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Torque.init() can't find project.properties from servlet

Hello again,

I am using Torque in a servlet environment. I can't seem to get Torque
to see my project.properties file, which contains the db settings etc,
even though it's in my WEB-INF/classes folder and is on the classpath.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: project.properties (The system cannot
find the file specified)
  at org.apache.torque.Torque.init(Torque.java:386)

I'm kind of at a loss, can anyone offer some insight? I am using a
recent CVS snapshot of Torque.

Thanks,

Gabe