db-torque-user mailing list archives

From EP...@upstate.com
Subject RE: SELECT TABLE.FIELD FROM TABLE. How do I do this?
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:40:36 GMT
do
BasePeer.executeQuery("SELECT TABLE.FIELD FROM TABLE")
and then you get back village record objects!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ricardo Lecheta [mailto:ricardolecheta@brturbo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 12:57 AM
To: torque-user@db.apache.or
Subject: SELECT TABLE.FIELD FROM TABLE. How do I do this?

This is my table:

CREATE TABLE PESSOA
(
id INTEGER NOT NULL,
nome VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL,
fone VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY(id)
);

I would like to do a sql statement like the following one:

SELECT TABLE.FIELD FROM TABLE // only a field of the table

but I can´t.

I tried to do it like this:

Criteria c = new Criteria();
c.addSelectColumn(PessoaPeer.NOME);
PessoaPeer.doSelect(c);

SQL Statement generated by Torque: Current Query SQL (may not be complete or
applicable): SELECT PESSOA.NOME FROM PESSOA

the sql statement is correct, but the following mistake occurs:
com.workingdogs.village.DataSetException: Bad conversion:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Ricardo"

I have noticed that this is happening because Torque doesn´t understand I
want to select only one field of the table.

So, on method populateObject(...) of BasePessoaPeer Class, Torque tries to
recuperate fields that didn´t appear on my research.

try{

obj.setId(row.getValue(offset + 0).asInt());   // INVALID TYPECAST, this
field doesn´t exist in my query.
obj.setNome(row.getValue(offset + 1).asString());
obj.setFone(row.getValue(offset + 2).asString());
}

catch (DataSetException e){

throw new TorqueException(e); // THIS EXCPETION IS RAISED

}

Could you please tell me the right way to do it ?

Thank you

Ricardo.