db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Problem with torque.init
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:31:36 GMT
Matthieu DELAHAIS wrote:

> The problem is that my program didn't make the
> torque.init... I trace the program and I found the
> problem was in the class TorqueDataSourceFactory on
> the method ConnectionPoolDataSource
> initCPDS(Configuration configuration). The problem is
> that the line :
> Configuration c = configuration.subset("connection");
> return null (c = null);
> Any idea will be very welcome!

Unfortunately the method really stupidly returns null on connection
failure, instead of throwing an exception - I recently experienced this
problem.

Basically torque is not connecting to your database, possibly because it
is not reading the config file correctly. Unfortunately torque doesn't
seem to throw an exception on config file being missing either, which
doesn't help you either. To make sure your config file is being read,
make sure that a file called torque.log is appearing - there should be
some clues in there.

Good luck!

Regards,
Graham