db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Frederic Gedin <frederic.ge...@Jaluna.COM>
Subject Re: Map objects to different databases
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 06:30:26 GMT
Hi Malte

Malte Stien wrote:

>>Reading your Torque.properties extract, I do not see the cause of your
>>problem: it looks like mine except that I use MySQL instead of postgres.
>>

>Do you use two databases during runtime as well?

Yes I do. But I ask Torque to generate only one, the other coming from
an other application.

>>  - are you sure you do not have java class names which conflict between
>>the project and the master databases?
>>  - are you sure that no error or exception message has been generated
>>at build time?
>>

>I do not have any compilation errors. My problem is not, that I cannot compile
>the code or that Torque does not generate the Java code correctly. The
>problem is just, that Torque does not generate initialization code (i.e. the
>sql script) to setup two databases. So, it will not use two databases during
>runtime as well. I just want to convince Torque, that some of the tables are
>in the project database and others are in the project master database. Torque
>has to consider that for the database generation as well as for the database
>runtime usage. But at the moment the first step already fails.

Now I understand your problem.  I have to tell that I faced the same
problem: Torques refuses to build two separate databases.  I did not
investigate further because, I my case, I just really need to build one.

I am sorry not being able to really help you on this.  The only advice I
could give is to give up trying to build your two databases using Torque
for now and continue your application development: regarding the om
generation and the runtime, it should work fine.
To do this you will need to update the following Torque configuration
parameters:
torque.schema.sql.excludes  = <the database you will build manually>
torque.schema.create-db.excludes = id-table-schema.xml, <the database
you will build manually>
torque.schema.init-sql.excludes = <the database you will build manually>

Another idea I just have (but I did not test it): go to your
build-torque.xml file, and update the sql target to require for building
the second database
<antcall target="sql-classpath-dbmaster"/>
<antcall target="sql-classpath-dbproj"/>

And of course build the target sql-classpath-dbmaster and
sql-classpath-dbproj according to the model sql-classpath

Regards

Frederic