db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Malte Stien <ma...@stien.de>
Subject How to initialize and shutdown Torque without a properties-file
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:21:29 GMT
Hi,

is there any way to...

- initialize Torque without providing a file with all the properties (as in
Torque.properties)?
I have to let the user specify the database settings during runtime of my
application and so I have to pass the values on to Torque somehow.

- shuting down Torque properly?
The user shall be able to change the database he/she works on during runtime,
so I have to be able to shut Torque down and initialize it again. I tried the
Torque.shutdown() method but it does not seem to shutdown Torque properly. I
one calls Torque.isInit() after calling Torque.shutdown() Torque still seems
to be initialized.

Thanks for support.
Malte.