db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Malte Stien <malte.st...@stien.de>
Subject Re: Map objects to different databases
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:35:36 GMT
On Thursday 24 April 2003 19:27, Frederic Gedin wrote:
> I am still not sure to understand if your problem comes from the
> database generation or from the database runtime usage.  Assuming, it is
> a runtime usage problem, Torque reads database information (i.e.
> location , driver, user password) at the initialization time.  If you
> want to change database information without having to restart your
> application, maybe should you consider using OJB instead of Torque.  If
> you still want to use Torque, may should you call  Torque.init to reread
> the configuration but I am not sure that this will work if Torque has
> already been initialized.
In order to make it work, I certainly have to generated a database AND use it
during runtime.

> Reading your Torque.properties extract, I do not see the cause of your
> problem: it looks like mine except that I use MySQL instead of postgres.
Do you use two databases during runtime as well?

> Some ideas on what you could check:
>   - are you using Torque 3.0?
Yes, I do.

>   - are you sure you do not have java class names which conflict between
> the project and the master databases?
>   - are you sure that no error or exception message has been generated
> at build time?
I do not have any compilation errors. My problem is not, that I cannot compile
the code or that Torque does not generate the Java code correctly. The
problem is just, that Torque does not generate initialization code (i.e. the
sql script) to setup two databases. So, it will not use two databases during
runtime as well. I just want to convince Torque, that some of the tables are
in the project database and others are in the project master database. Torque
has to consider that for the database generation as well as for the database
runtime usage. But at the moment the first step already fails.

Best regards,
Malte.