db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Malte Stien <ma...@cs.anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: Map objects to different databases
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:33:13 GMT
Hi

thank you for your answer. My problem is as follows: I am working on an
application where the user can enter and retrieve information that is to be
stored in a database that is specific to the particular project the user is
working on. (I use the word database here in the sense of a set of tables
rather than a RDBMS.) Each project n has a particular project database n the
information for this particular project is stored in. In addition - while the
user is working on a particular project - information is needed that is
common to all projects. This information is to be stored in the project
master database.

Hence, during runtime I need access to one of the project databases and the
project master database. Thus, some classes are to be mapped to tables in the
project master database while others are to be mapped to a particular project
database. The project databases are all subject to the same schema. This
schema is different from the schema for the project master database. All
databases are held on a Postgresql database server. The project databases are
always kept on the same database server as the project master database.

The user shall be able specify the project he/she wishes to work on and the
system opens the corresponding project database and - fully independent of
the project selected - the project master database. So somehow, I have to
convince Torque not to use the Torque.properties file but to be able to
specify the database during runtime.

I hope, that explains my problem a bit better. Any help is highly appreciated.
Thank you. Malte.