db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Malte Stien <ma...@cs.anu.edu.au>
Subject Map objects to different databases
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 04:01:27 GMT
Hello,

I am new to torque. I set it up and went through the tutorial. It seems to
work so far. I need it for a particular project. So I have two questions:

1. How do I map different objects to tables in different databases. I thought,
that I can just configure two databases in Torque.properties...

torque.database.proj.adapter=postgresql
torque.dsfactory.proj.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.proj.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.proj.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.proj.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
torque.dsfactory.proj.connection.driver = org.postgresql.Driver
torque.dsfactory.proj.connection.url = jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/proj
torque.dsfactory.proj.connection.user = postgres
torque.dsfactory.proj.connection.password =

torque.dsfactory.projmaster.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.projmaster.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.projmaster.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.projmaster.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
torque.dsfactory.projmaster.connection.driver = org.postgresql.Driver
torque.dsfactory.projmaster.connection.url =
jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/projmaster
torque.dsfactory.projmaster.connection.user = postgres
torque.dsfactory.projmaster.connection.password =

... and then use the names "proj" and "projmaster" in my schema file.

<database name="projmaster"...>
</database>
<database name="proj"...>
</database>

But that does not seem to work. All my objects end up in projmaster no matter
what database name I use in the schema. I cannot find really much in the
documentation about that. Do the names used in the schema and the name used
in the Torque.properties have to match or are they completely different
things?

2. How do I configure these two databases without using the Torque.properties
file? I need the user to specify the database details. So I cannot use a
static file. I cannot find really much in the documentation about that
either.

I would be really grateful for further help. Is there a book or a piece of
good documentation apart from the javadocs? It seems not really to be
documented in a verbose way.

Thank you.
Malte.