db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Rolf Jentsch <RJent...@electronicpartner.de>
Subject Re: Creating Database Schema
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:13:46 GMT
Hello,

Am Montag, 14. April 2003 14:02 schrieb Ronny Walter:
> Hello Mailinglist,
>
> Is there a possibility to get the Schema automaticly created? I have a
> large database with a lot of tables and i don't like to key in all the
> values. :-)
>
> Greetings Ronny

there is the "jdbc" target in build-torque.xml. It will transfer most of the
structure of your database into a schema.xml file.

There are some problems with this task: you will loose all information about
additional indexes, and you may loose the size of numeric fields. So you will
have to check the results.

cu
Rolf Jentsch
Produktentwicklung EDV-Anwendungen für Mitglieder
ElectronicPartner GmbH & Co. KG
Düsseldorf