db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Ronny Walter" <mailingli...@freenet.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: NullpointerException
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:23:55 GMT
Ok ok, i love this message :-) With my database i don't need
transactions, i think. Thank you for your help.

Ronny

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brian K. Wallace [mailto:brian@transmorphix.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 14. April 2003 20:12
An: Turbine Torque Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: NullpointerException

If you want to get technical.... there is a way to avoid this message -
- go with a DB
that has basic support for transactions from db through driver into
Torque. ;-) [no, I'm
not going the "But MySQL does have transaction support" route - just
sayin'].
Otherwise, take the warning for what it's worth to you, or try to play
logging games
around the Torque.init (set the level to ERROR, init, then back to
WARN). I've seen
this warning so much I'd think it was broken if it wasn't there. :-)

Glad to see you're up and running, tho'.

On 14 Apr 2003 at 20:13, Ronny Walter wrote:

> Thank you, now it works. :-) I selected my first objects  with torque.
>
> Now i get a warning:
> 591 [main] WARN oid.IDBroker  - IDBroker is being used with db
> 'default', which does not support transactions. IDBroker attempts to
> use transactions to limit the possibility of duplicate key generation.

> Without transactions, duplicate key generation is possible if multiple

> JVMs are used or other means are used to write to the database.
>
> I am sure, that there is a possibility to avoid this message :-)
>
> Ronny
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

de.centerice.om.BaseSchedulePeer.doSelect(BaseSchedulePeer.java:350)