db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Ronny Walter" <mailingli...@freenet.de>
Subject AW: AW: NullpointerException
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:13:40 GMT
Thank you, now it works. :-) I selected my first objects  with torque.

Now i get a warning:
591 [main] WARN oid.IDBroker  - IDBroker is being used with db
'default', which does not support transactions. IDBroker attempts to use
transactions to limit the possibility of duplicate key generation.
Without transactions, duplicate key generation is possible if multiple
JVMs are used or other means are used to write to the database.

I am sure, that there is a possibility to avoid this message :-)

Ronny

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brian K. Wallace [mailto:brian@transmorphix.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 14. April 2003 19:39
An: Turbine Torque Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: NullpointerException

I'm currently using Torque to talk to quite a few databases including
MySQL. I
responded with the initial problem that I had and how I fixed it, but in
looking closer at
your properties, you're also missing the factory property. Below is a
snippet from my
config that encompasses all connection information for a single db -
where I have
'appdb', yours is listed as 'default':

torque.database.default=appdb torque.database.appdb.adapter=mysql
torque.dsfactory.appdb.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSou
rceFact
ory
torque.dsfactory.appdb.pool.defaultMaxConnections=15
torque.dsfactory.appdb.pool.maxExpiryTime=1200
torque.dsfactory.appdb.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
torque.dsfactory.appdb.connection.driver = org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
torque.dsfactory.appdb.connection.url =
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/apdb0001
torque.dsfactory.appdb.connection.user = username
torque.dsfactory.appdb.connection.password = password

torque.idbroker.cleverquantity = true
torque.manager.useCache = true

I didn't find much on the internet that addresses this, but I hope this
helps.

On 14 Apr 2003 at 19:34, Ronny Walter wrote:

> It's still doesn't work :-(
>
> Is there an example with a mysql-database in the internet?
>

> Ronny
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

log4j.appender.torque
> > = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender log4j.appender.torque.file =
> > ./centerice.log log4j.appender.torque.layout =
> > org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> > log4j.appender.torque.layout.conversionPattern = %d [%t] %-5p %c -
> > %m%n log4j.appender.torque.append = false
> >
> > After starting the Programm, the following error occurs:
> >
> > java.lang.NullPointerException: Connection object was null. This
> > could
>
> > be due to a misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory. Check the
> > logs
> > and Torque.properties to better determine the cause.
> > 	at
> > org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.rollback(Transaction.java:179)
> > 	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1333)
> > 	at

de.centerice.om.BaseSchedulePeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseSchedulePe