db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Owens, Ryan" <row...@uhd.com>
Subject RE: UML/XMI/JMI and Torque
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:25:32 GMT
I had thought about XSLT initially as well. Then I thought it might be nice to have the full
power of Java in the event I wanted to do anything out of the ordinary, or potentially use
the JMI meta model to do some kind of reporting or whatever. I'm curious to see how people
start applying JMI, and what kind of tools might pop up.

I'll let you all know what I eventually decide on. Knowing me I'll try everything mentioned
just to see. :)

Thanks for all the input, it's very helpful!

  Ryan Owens

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Jean-Marc Lavoie [mailto:jeanmarc.lavoie@videotron.ca]
	Sent: Wed 3/26/2003 1:57 PM
	To: Turbine Torque Users List
	Subject: Re: UML/XMI/JMI and Torque

	Together templates (.tpl) allow you create reports based on their model.
	When using plain text, you can generate XML if you like. This is the way
	they generate ant build file, this is a twisted way of generating XML,
	but that's an opinion. The ant build file template is a good start.
	There is a lot of consideration to take care of,  like placing the box
	at the good place to prevent balnk line insertion or taking care of
	sorting to have the keys in the same order in the table than in the
	foreign key when you have multiple keys forming a PK. Always fun to have
	generated code calling other generated code methods with the parameters
	in the wrong order, better yet when they are the same type and that the
	code compile. That's close to a week effort if you want to learn the
	report tool and the Together SCI object model and make the template. I
	don't got the template anymore. It may be a last resort solution.

	I would recommend the XLT transformation proposed by  Guillaume, or the
	tool from the devaki nextobjects  project.