db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Lavoie <jeanmarc.lav...@videotron.ca>
Subject Re: UML/XMI/JMI and Torque
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:57:15 GMT
Together templates (.tpl) allow you create reports based on their model.
When using plain text, you can generate XML if you like. This is the way
they generate ant build file, this is a twisted way of generating XML,
but that's an opinion. The ant build file template is a good start.
There is a lot of consideration to take care of,  like placing the box
at the good place to prevent balnk line insertion or taking care of
sorting to have the keys in the same order in the table than in the
foreign key when you have multiple keys forming a PK. Always fun to have
generated code calling other generated code methods with the parameters
in the wrong order, better yet when they are the same type and that the
code compile. That's close to a week effort if you want to learn the
report tool and the Together SCI object model and make the template. I
don't got the template anymore. It may be a last resort solution.

I would recommend the XLT transformation proposed by  Guillaume, or the
tool from the devaki nextobjects  project.