db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jim Schneider <jschnei...@kjinteractive.com>
Subject Re: generate data migration scripts
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2003 02:23:49 GMT
Not overly familiar with Torque, and there may be easier ways, but one
possibility could be:

1. Query database 1 and store the results in XML
2. Write an XSLT file to transform the XML results from database 1 into
XML valid for database 2 (depending on the differences between the two,
that may or may not be a lot of hand-coding).
3. Transform the database 1 XML into database 2 XML
4. Insert the new XML into database 2

I'm not sure whether step 4 is possible with Torque (and it requires
some XSLT knowledge), and it may just push the drudgery to a different task.

Jim