db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel Bauman <g...@bravenet.com>
Subject Torque and Inheritance, part deux
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:09:38 GMT
Hello again :)

I am still having serious issues with inheritance in Torque. I'm
assuming I'm somehow being an idiot, but it's nearly 1 in the morning...
please bear with me, and _please_ share any insight you might have.

Using the stable Torque 3.0 binary distribution, I have a simple, very
flat inheritance tree on a single table (you can see the XML for it
below).  All my database inserts and om generation work perfectly.

Problem being: on compile, I get "No method named 'copy' was found in
my.package.om.Subscription", while compiling BaseSubscription.java. The
copy() method is indeed missing. Should this be generated? How can I fix
the problem?

That's it. Can anyone see what I am missing?

Gabe Bauman
(very tired)

====

     javaName="Subscription">

     <column
         name="id"
         required="true"
         primaryKey="true"
         type="INTEGER"
             />
     <column
         name="foo"
         required="true"
         type="INTEGER"
         />

     <column name="inheritance" inheritance="single"
         type="CHAR">
         <inheritance class="FooSubscription"
             extends="my.package.om.Subscription"
             key="A"