db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Pranav Panpalia <pra...@yodlee.com>
Subject problem in insertion of CLOB..
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:00:37 GMT
Hi,
I'm a novice torque user.I'm trying to insert aruond 8MB long string in a
column having datatype as clob.(Database is Oracle).
While running the program to do insertion following error is encountered.

caught exception :java.sql.SQLException: Data size bigger than max size for
this type: 8419186
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:210)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:829)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTCItem.setArrayData(TTCItem.java:82)
        at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSetImpl.setBytesBindItem(DBDataSetImpl.java:1654)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setItem(OraclePreparedStatement.j
ava:745)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setString(OraclePreparedStatement
.java:1083)
        at com.workingdogs.village.Value.setPreparedStatementValue(Unknown
Source)
        at com.workingdogs.village.Record.saveWithInsert(Unknown Source)
        at com.workingdogs.village.Record.save(Unknown Source)
        at com.workingdogs.village.Record.save(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.insertOrUpdateRecord(BasePeer.java:891)
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:725)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPeer.doInsert(BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPe
er.java:195)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPeer.doInsert(BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPe
er.java:480)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.save(BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.java:313)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.save(BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.java:275)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.save(BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.java:255)
        at TestClob.main(TestClob.java:47)
rethrown as org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Data size bigger than max
size for this type: 8419186
        at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.insertOrUpdateRecord(BasePeer.java:895)
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:725)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPeer.doInsert(BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPe
er.java:195)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPeer.doInsert(BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPe
er.java:480)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.save(BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.java:313)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.save(BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.java:275)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.save(BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.java:255)
        at TestClob.main(TestClob.java:47)
rethrown as org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Data size bigger than max
size for this type: 8419186
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:729)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPeer.doInsert(BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPe
er.java:195)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPeer.doInsert(BaseFmHtmlDumpTestPe
er.java:480)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.save(BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.java:313)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.save(BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.java:275)
        at
fm.TestTorque.torque.om.BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.save(BaseFmHtmlDumpTest.java:255)
        at TestClob.main(TestClob.java:47)

As clob supports data size upto 4GB, so insertion of around 8MB data should
not be a problem.Is there any special way to handle LOBs through torque ??
In my program I'm just passing the String containing all the data as an
argument to setXXX method provided in "Base" class.
Can anyone please help ??

Thanks
Pranav