db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Max Ischenko <...@malva.ua>
Subject Database schema changes: migration how to
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:23:50 GMT

Hi,

I'm evaluating possibility on using an O-R mapping tool in my current
project.  I've read tutorial on torque and similar other O-R mapping tools and
wonder how the migration is managed.

Suppose, I've created a book database scheme, generate sql/java code and
deploy it. Some time later when a lot of data 's been filled into DB I
discovered that I had to add/change/remove some properties on the Book
class. I could tweak the schema file and re-create sql/java code but how
one typically perform migration data to new db scheme.

An elaborate answer or pointers to relevant Web resources are greatly
appreciated.

--
Regards, max.