db-torque-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Karl Stenerud <k...@webartjapan.com>
Subject Torque doesn't work in Japanese
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 01:25:30 GMT
I'm having problems trying to get Torque to run under a Japanese environment.
If I set my locale to en_US, everything works fine.
As soon as I set the locale to ja_JP or ja_JP.euc (by setting the LANG 
environment variable under Linux), it throws an exception when I try to add 
an entry to the database.

Example:

try {
    data.torque.Adminuser dso = new data.torque.Adminuser();
    dso.setUsername("12345");
    dso.setPassword("67890");
    dso.save();
} catch(Exception exc) {
    CommonLogContext.logException("AdminUserDataModel.addAdminUser()", exc);
}


Exception if I use the native ID generator (defaultIdMethod="native"):

Exception in AdminUserDataModel.addAdminUser(): 
[org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Column name: PASSWORD does not exist!]
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:729)
data.torque.BaseAdminuserPeer.doInsert(BaseAdminuserPeer.java:216)
data.torque.BaseAdminuserPeer.doInsert(BaseAdminuserPeer.java:565)
data.torque.BaseAdminuser.save(BaseAdminuser.java:313)
data.torque.BaseAdminuser.save(BaseAdminuser.java:275)
data.torque.BaseAdminuser.save(BaseAdminuser.java:255)
data.AdminUserDataModel.addAdminUser(AdminUserDataModel.java:73)
...


Exception if I use the IDBroker (defaultIdMethod="idbroker"):

Exception in AdminUserDataModel.addAdminUser(): 
[org.apache.torque.TorqueException: For input string: "qppp"]
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:713)
data.torque.BaseAdminuserPeer.doInsert(BaseAdminuserPeer.java:216)
data.torque.BaseAdminuserPeer.doInsert(BaseAdminuserPeer.java:565)
data.torque.BaseAdminuser.save(BaseAdminuser.java:313)
data.torque.BaseAdminuser.save(BaseAdminuser.java:275)
data.torque.BaseAdminuser.save(BaseAdminuser.java:255)
data.AdminUserDataModel.addAdminUser(AdminUserDataModel.java:73)
...

I'm using Torque 3.0, Struts 1.0.2, and running it under Tomcat 4.1.18.


Mime
View raw message