db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Dan Allen <...@mojavelinux.com>
Subject Re: connection refusal error...
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:50:07 GMT
> Witness the following:
>
> [torque-3.0]# grep adminuser build.properties Torque.properties
> build.properties:torque.database.user = torque_adminuser
> build.properties:torque.database.password = torque_adminuser_password
> Torque.properties:torque.database.bookstore.username = torque_adminuser
> Torque.properties:torque.database.bookstore.password =
> torque_adminuser_password

Ah yes, now you are running into the error in the tutorial.  What
you see on the web is wrong.  Please bitch about this because it
doesn't seem that anyone cares to want to fix it, which is probably
detering people from using Torque.  Don't give up, this list is
going to have at least me reading it from time to time, so if your
experience follows mine, I should have some answers.

Here is my grep:

> build.properties (relevant portion)

torque.project = bookstore
torque.database = mysql
torque.targetPackage = net.creativerge.model
torque.database.createUrl = jdbc:mysql://localhost/mysql
torque.database.name = dallen
torque.database.buildUrl = jdbc:mysql://localhost/dallen
torque.database.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost/dallen
torque.database.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
torque.database.user = rootuser
torque.database.password = PaSsWoRd
torque.database.host = localhost

> torque.properties (relavant portion)

torque.database.default = dallen
torque.database.dallen.adapter = mysql
torque.dsfactory.dallen.factory = org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.dallen.pool.defaultMaxConnections = 10
torque.dsfactory.dallen.pool.maxExpiryTime = 3600
torque.dsfactory.dallen.pool.connectionWaitTimeout = 10
torque.dsfactory.dallen.connection.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
torque.dsfactory.dallen.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost/dallen
torque.dsfactory.dallen.connection.user = webuser
torque.dsfactory.dallen.connection.password = PaSsWoRd

So the name of my database is 'dallen,' which is my unix username.
Whereever you see 'dallen,' fill that in with your database name.
Then change any username/password references to your own.  The first
script (build.properties) should be the admin database user and the
torque.properties is your web database user.

I am not sure which lines of those are overkill, but it works for
me.  It would be nice if the tutorial could sort all these details
out seeing how they are the most important part of getting the whole
thing running.

Dan

Daniel Allen, <dan@mojavelinux.com>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/
[Frodo]: "I wish it need not have happened in my time."
[Gandalf]: "So do I, and so do all who live to see such times.
But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is
what we do with the time that is given to us.'