db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Dan Allen <...@mojavelinux.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade Script
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 22:07:48 GMT
Let's back up for a second on this question.  The original question
was, how would one issue changes the the database between two schema
files.  I admit that a request like that would be complex indeed and
probably better done using a home-grown script.

However...

What about the changes to the BasePeer and BaseModel classes.  The
docs say that these classes are created if they do not exist, but
what happens when you add or remove a column in a table.  Surely
they would have to be generated again to update the methods and
properties to include the changes.  What are the best practices to
follow after making a table change regarding the classes?

Dan

Daniel Allen, <dan@mojavelinux.com>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/
"I used to herd dairy cows.  Now I herd linux users.  Apart
from the isolation, I think I preferred the cows.  They were
better in conversation, easier to milk, and if they annoyed me
enough, I could shoot them and eat them."