db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Gehrung <jeffgehr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Guru Challenge: Correlated Subquery
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:33:15 GMT
Thanks to all for your advice, and, in particular, Jürgen.

Seems I was standing too close to the problem...  I chose to use your
advice and make do with BasePeer.executeQuery("String sql").  This
should have been my initial choice for two reasons:
1) the complexity of the SQL statement
2) I'm providing the app to a client with little JAVA expertise.  The
best fit for them is to place the raw SQL string in an external
Properties file (in Prepared Statement format) so they can add/revise
queries as need be without having to revise the JAVA Code and the need
to learn "Torqu-ese".  At run time,  I retrieve the corresponding
property and execute the SQL from within a PreparedStatement.

Again... Thanks.

Jeff Gehrung