db-torque-user mailing list archives

From goffredo <goffr...@twibble.org>
Subject Q: Joins using Criteria ?
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:26:39 GMT
Hi All,

I have been reading the documentation on using Criteria objects with Torque,
but can't find an example of a join of say three or four tables that returns
all the columns of the three or four tables that satisfy the conditions of the
query. The examples illustrate multiple joins, but retrieve information from
only one of the tables in the join, because the doSelect() method is attached
to Peer classes only. Or am I expected to add tables to my database to handle
this kind of situation?

I am not sure from reading the documentation if the use of Criteria is designed
to replace SQL ... or if Criteria form a more limited subset of SQL.

Regards
Goffredo