db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Quinton McCombs" <qmcco...@nequalsone.com>
Subject RE: obtaining native primary keys problem
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:10:24 GMT
I am using Oracle with native id generation without a problem.

First, I need to make sure that you are creating a new instance of your OM object, populating
it, and then calling the save() method.  You primary key will not be generated until you call
the save() method.

I have not tried getPrimaryKey() but instead I use getUserID() (depending on the object!).
 It should work just the same though.

If you are still having problems, check your generated om.map class for the corresponding
object that you are having problems with.  Here is a code snippet from one of my map objects:

    /**
     * The doBuild() method builds the DatabaseMap
     *
     * @throws TorqueException
     */
    public void doBuild() throws TorqueException
    {
        dbMap = Torque.getDatabaseMap("default");

        dbMap.addTable("AGENT");
        TableMap tMap = dbMap.getTable("AGENT");

        tMap.setPrimaryKeyMethod(TableMap.NATIVE);   <<<<  This is the important
line

        tMap.setPrimaryKeyMethodInfo("AGENT_SEQ");

If your map object is being generated incorrectly, let me know and I will help you track it
down.