db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Lustig" <m...@marclustig.com>
Subject AW: how to set the PK manually?
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:59:16 GMT
Thanks Justin and Peter for your input,
my statement "TABLE B extends TABLES A" didn't refer to the OO-terminology.
table A actually respresents a base-user. table B represents a specific kind
of a user. So both tables refer to the same kind of object, the user.
Hence the PK of table B should reflect the PK that was created in table A.

So my schema (table B) looks like this:

		<column name="SPECIALUSER_ID" primaryKey="true" required="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
		<foreign-key foreignTable="BASE_USER">
			<reference local="SPECIALUSER_ID" foreign="USER_ID"/>
		</foreign-key>

Problem is still, when I setPrimaryKey(x) this PK will get lost once I call
save(). torque generates a new PK.

Q: Is there any other idMethod that I could use to tell torque not to
generate any PK when save() is called?
Or is the only way to add a regular PK and refer the USER-table by an
additional column linked by a foreign-key reference?

Thanks!
Marc