db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Lustig" <m...@marclustig.com>
Subject AW: how to set the PK manually?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:54:44 GMT
Interesting enough I found this in
BasePeer.public static ObjectKey doInsert(Criteria criteria, Connection con)

        // only get a new key value if you need to
        // the reason is that a primary key might be defined
        // but you are still going to set its value. for example:
        // a join table where both keys are primary and you are
        // setting both columns with your own values

So obviously my scenario is considered a valid one.
But I'm not quite sure where the actual decision is made if a new PK is
acquired or not.
Can some Torque developer please advise me why in my case still a new PK is
generated, although I set it using setPrimaryKey() before?

Marc