db-torque-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Trudgett, Glen" <Glen.Trudg...@det.nsw.edu.au>
Subject RE: obtaining native primary keys problem
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:24:33 GMT
To All,


I currently have an Oracle DB that I am using for my data.

I have set my tables to have natively generated primary keys, which works
fine.

I do an insert of information into a table, and the table happily accepts
the data, as expected.

test.insert("blah");

Table
1, blah

When I try to obtain the primary key for this new entry, which I want to use
to populate a foreign key link table, using

Test.getPrimaryKey(); 

I receive a value of 0. (Not the value of 1 or whatever number it is
allocated!!)

I can not work out why I can not get these values. I have tried a number of
ways e.g. getbyname(), getPrimaryKey().

Also I have noticed that the getPrimaryKeyas* functions are not available.

Has anybody run into a similar scenario?

TIA



Glen Trudgett 
Unix system administration 
Information Technology Bureau 
Department of Education and Training 
Level 2, 39A Herbert St, St Leonards, NSW 2065 Australia 
Tel: 61+ (2) 99429970 Fax: 61+ (2) 99429600 

**********************************************************************
This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.
**********************************************************************

**********************************************************************
This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.
**********************************************************************

Mime
View raw message