db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Campbell, Justin" <jcampb...@profilesys.com>
Subject RE: AW: Copy criteria object
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:09:41 GMT
Marc -

Allow me to prefix this message with a disclaimer: I don't really recommend
modifying things at this level. Now, on to how to actually do it :)

You can modify the velocity templates that Torque uses to generate your Java
source. They're found in "src/templates/om" beneath your root Torque-install
directory. For Torque 3.0.0, on line 54-55 you'll see something like this:

public abstract class $basePrefix${table.JavaName}Peer
    extends $table.BasePeer

You can then change the "extends" statement to be whatever you like. Be sure
to change the import statements earlier in the template to include whatever
class it is you've created, as well.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Justin Campbell
Project Technical Lead
Profile Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Lustig [mailto:mail@marclustig.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 12:05 PM
To: Turbine Torque Users List
Subject: AW: AW: Copy criteria object

Jürgen,
do I understand you correct, you extended Torque's BasePeer class and added
custom functionality?
This is something that I also wanted to do, not only for BasePeer, but also
for BaseObject.
But I wonder how do you tell Torque to use your Peer class when generating
the Peers, instead of BasePeer?
I can't find a property in
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque-3.0.0/properties-reference.html

I'm curious to know ...