db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Campbell, Justin" <jcampb...@profilesys.com>
Subject RE: Issues with select distinct
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:56:16 GMT
Femi -

If you're doing a select with a list of select columns (as you are in your
example), you can not use doSelect (at least not from what I've found).
Instead, you must use "doSelectVillageRecords". This will return a List of
objects of type "Record" (found under com.workingdogs.village). You can then
perform manipulations on your record set from there.

Hope this helps.

Justin Campbell
Project Technical Lead
Profile Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Olufemi Omojola [mailto:kingpin@vehiclesense.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 3:13 AM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Issues with select distinct

Hi,
  I'm getting started with Torque 3.0, and I've had nothing but joy with the
setup and the basics, such as insertion or selecting all. I'm having a
nightmare
of a time (namely 6 hours so far :-)) trying to figure out how to do a
SELECT
DISTINCT. I have a database with a VARCHAR column titled part_number, and
I'm
using the following code:

Criteria crit = new Criteria();
 crit.addSelectColumn(PartPeer.PART_NUMBER);
 crit.addJoin(PartPeer.PART_NUMBER, PartPeer.PART_NUMBER);
 crit.setDistinct();
 List m = PartPeer.doSelect(crit);