db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Finn Smith <...@modcult.org>
Subject Re: Suggested fixes for Torque tutorial
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 05:28:45 GMT
On Sunday, February 16, 2003, at 08:22 PM, Travis Walker McCauley wrote:

> I am a beginner who just got Torque running last week. It took me about
> two full days and many trips to the list archives to figure stuff out
> (including running the 'jdbc' target on my existing database to
> generate
> the schema for my data).
> The other step that's missing is how to compile the OM and where to put
> the Torque.properties file during runtime.

Hm... those are both in the tutorial here:
http://db.apache.org/torque/tutorial/index.html
Which are the pages I was talking about in my post.

For where Torque.properties goes, in Step 2 it reads: "Create a new
file called Torque.properties in the top-level torque directory."

For how to compile, in Step 4 it reads: "Now that you've generated your
object model with Torque, and created a sample application, you are now
ready to compile everything. Again, Ant is used to control the build
process. To compile, type the following in the Torque top-level
directory:
ant -f build-torque.xml compile"

A HOWTO for creating a Torque project around an existing database would
probably be useful for a lot of people. You run into a different set of
issues than those encountered when building up an application from
scratch.

-F