db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Frederic Gedin <frederic.ge...@Jaluna.COM>
Subject Wrong invocation of populateObject in peer class
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:04:45 GMT
Hi

I suspect a bug in the code generated by Torque.  All invocations of the
row2Object function in the "BaseRecordPeer" class are  invoked through
the "RecordPeer" class.  Unfortunately, the row2Object function invokes
directly the populateObject function.

As a a consequence, if I create a RecordPeer class which overloads the
populateObject function, this overloaded  populateObject function will
never be called unless I copy the row2Object function into the
RecordPeer class.  I think this is not compatible with the declaration
of populateObject to be public.

If this is a real bug, how do I record it officially?  If this is a
mistake where am I wrong?

Regards

Frederic