db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Lavoie <jeanmarc.lav...@videotron.ca>
Subject Re: Cann't use criteria two times.
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:02:16 GMT
Maybe if you add some methods like getProjectsForRole(int roleId) in the
peer it would make your life easyer. it's the intend of the peer I think.

For the choice of handling the Criteria this way, it make sens since
most of the time the Criteria is not reuse. Why bother cloning it and
spending time for nothing?.  Anyway, I'm only a user of the framework.
Once you know it, everything goes fine :)

bye

Vinod_Thapliyal wrote:

>Thanks it worked. But, I thought that orque should be flexible enough to allow me to use
my  criteria again. It makes a bit tedious to rewrite the same code that u have already written.

The first time I query on a table the results are returned. But, next time when I try to use
the same criteria on the other table. It retunrs me an error. I tried a query on the second
table by commenting the query for first table then I get the results. But, the two queries
don't work together.

>>The criteria is:
>>
>>criteria.addJoin(TurbineProjectsPeer.GROUP_ID,TurbineUserGroupRolePeer.GROUP_ID);
>>
>>                       criteria.addJoin(TurbineUserGroupRolePeer.GROUP_ID,TurbineGroupPeer.GROUP_ID);
>>
>>                       criteria.addJoin(TurbineUserGroupRolePeer.USER_ID,TurbineUserPeer.USER_ID);
>>

>>                       criteria.add(TurbineUserGroupRolePeer.ROLE_ID,10);
>>

>>                      Iterator = Projects;
>>

>>Projects = TurbineProjectsPeer.doSelect(criteria).iterator();
>>

>>                                   Projects = TurbineUserGroupRolePeer.doSelect(criteria).iterator();
>>
>>I get the following error:
>>
>>Error: org.apache.torqueException: Bad Conversion: java.lang.numberformatexception:
silent