db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Eric Emminger <e...@ericemminger.com>
Subject RE: import/export with schema transformation
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:36:54 GMT
Chris

> 1.  Are you looking to do this from a turbine service, or as part of a build
> process?

Both! A build script would help when we set up new applications and
during testing. A service would be useful for our customers. So, we do
need both. At the least, a service could probably meet all our needs.

> 2.  Castor was mentioned the other day.  Did you look into it, and if so,
> what has caused you to no longer consider it?  (just curious on this last
> one)

Okay. Okay. :) I looked at Castor very briefly yesterday. I'm looking at
it with more detail now. It looks great so far! Thanks for prodding me.
:)

After a few minutes of digging, it looks like you use Castor XML
together with Castor JDO to accomplish these tasks. Very cool. It looks
elegant as well!!!

> I started a thread called 'Syncing the local DB from a remote DB' in
> October.  Colin Chalmers mentioned that he had used torque, castor and
> xml-rpc to sync remote databases.  You might be able to use some of his
> ideas.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll start a new thread on this.

Eric

--
Eric Emminger
eric@ericemminger.com