db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Robert Morse <rmo...@mdesignz.com>
Subject Oracle - Accessing other users tables
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 22:42:55 GMT
The pre-existing database that I'm working with has tables owned by
various users.  How do I specify in the project-schema.xml file which
user owns the table?

Here's an example: Let's say I'm USER1, but I want to select rows from a
table owned by USER2.sample_table.  USER2 has granted me SELECT rights
to the table.

My SQL query would need to be SELECT test from USER2.SAMPLE_TABLE.

I'm guessing that I could define the table_name as USER2.SAMPLE_TABLE,
but I was wondering if there is a different way.

Thanks.

--
"All motion is not progress, and all movement is not forward" (anon)
Key ID:  F0533BB6