db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Derick Fernando" <der...@xenocex.com>
Subject Re: Torque Error: Cannot connect to MySQL (full question)
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:51:59 GMT
Hello,

See if this thread helps any:
http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-torque-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01431.
html

HTH,
Derick

----- Original Message -----
From: "Owens, Ryan" <rowens@uhd.com>
To: "Owens, Ryan" <rowens@uhd.com>; "Turbine Torque Users List"
<torque-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 3:44 PM
Subject: Torque Error: Cannot connect to MySQL (full question)

> Hi all.  Sorry about the half send last time.
>
> I'm having a huge problem trying to deploy Torque to a client's webhost.
> Any help would be hugely appreciated.
>
> The host in running Ensim Site Administrator 3.1.4-1.
> which uses Tomcat 4.0.3 and java 1.4  don't know the exact version.
>
> I have tested the app thoroughly on my local machine with the same tomcat
version with no problems.

> For testing I have a jsp which connect directly to the db with
sql.Connection, ResultSet etc
> (not using torque) it yields:
> Trying to connect to:
jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/mydb?user=u5er&password=password
> - with driver: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
> - connection = com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.Connection@b258fa
> Sterling Highway & Esther Drive
> SUCCESS!!
> the results on screen is an address from the db.
> so my connection string and user/pass info is correct, and I can connect
to the DB.

> However, when running another test jsp from the same place using Torque I
get:

> org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Cannot connect to MySQL server on
apollo.tilted.net:3306. Is there a MySQL server running on the machine/port
you are trying to connect to? (java.security.AccessControlException) STACK
TRACE:
> org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:901)
> org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:871)
> ---------
>
> the applicable torque properties are also printed out by my test jsp. They
are:

> prop:database.default.adapter=mysql

prop:dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSour
ceFactory