db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Schneider" <bschnei...@vecna.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Oracle
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:47:16 GMT
I've had a possibly related problem independently of Torque, using
commons-dbcp (which I believe is now integrated into Torque as the "classic"
datasource) .  I got "too many open cursors" errors because dbcp would hold
the underlying cursor open if you don't call rs.close() and
statement.close() explicitly--even after the public java.sql.* objects are
unreferenced and garbage collected!

The problem you're seeing might be related.  My configuration could have
just ran out of cursors before it ran out of processes.

-- Bill
----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Chalmers" <colin.chalmers@maxware.nl>
To: "Turbine Torque Users List" <turbine-torque-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 6:28 AM
Subject: Problems with Oracle

Hi guys,

We're experiencing some problems with Oracle (8) and Torque (3).

It would appear that connections are not being closed properly. After
running for a while we get the following error-code

ORA-00020: Maximum number processes (%s) is exceeded

We tried setting the following but it doesn't seem to help

1. shared_pool_size = 80000000 in initFoo.ora
2. processes = 200 in initFoo.ora
3. torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=100 in
Torque.properties

Any ideas?

/c