db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Keeney, Thomas" <Keen...@SEC.GOV>
Subject RE: Authentication problems.
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:25:10 GMT
Vinod,

In your TurbineResources.properties file you should have the action.login
property set to the LoginUser action.  LoginUser authenticates the user
against your database.  You can customize this code to authenticate against
any other datasource (i.e. your ldap server), then set the action.login
property to your *new* Action class.  Concerning torque.properties, you need
to define two datasources, one for your database and one for your ldap
server.  Make the database your default datasource, so your app code will
use the database automatically.  Within your customized LoginUser Action,
you must retrieve the connection to your ldap server explicitly since it is
not your default.
Regards,

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinod_Thapliyal [mailto:Vinod_Thapliyal@infosys.com]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 4:24 AM
To: Turbine Torque Users List
Subject: RE: Authentication problems.

Hi,

thanks for replying, But this is not the issue. I want to know how I can do
this when I am using torque n turbine framework. What changes do I need to
make to torque.properties to make it happen. Do I need to make ldap as my
default database and define database maps for all the other relational
databases that my portal applications are connecting to or it has to be done
in some other way.