db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: torque-performance using cross-references
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:36:52 GMT
On 21/01/2003 11:14 PM, "Marc Lustig" <mail@marclustig.com> wrote:

> I switched to TORQUE_3_0_BRANCH , modified ObjectWithManager.vm, recompiled
> Torque, replaced the jar and re-generated the BO's.
> But still no doSelectJoinXXX methods are generated.
> Idea?
>
> Marc

Note that I am assuming you are using the torque templates from the jar file
- if they are expanded on disc then you can update them in place with no
need to rebuild the torque jar file all of the time.

Also, I assume complexObjectModel is set to true.

I am sorry to hear that my patch did not resolve the problem for you. You
will now have to add some debugging code to ObjectWithManagers.vm and
attempt to figure out what is wrong.  The location of the patch you applied
is in the general area of interest.  You need to figure out what is causing
$doJoinGet to be set to false (it is initialized to true about 13 lines up
and there are a bunch of opportunities from there for the next 40 or so
lines for it to be set false before it is actually used to skip the
generation of the Join method).  As long as your schema is correct, the
answer is most likely in that 40 lines of code.

HTH,

Scott
--
Scott Eade